Friday, June 20, 2014

Monday, 6/16 Day 1 - St. Charles to Hermann









Today's ride was supposed to be 64 miles but actually it was 65.

We camped by the river last night and I  left St. Charles at 6:40 this morning.




We had rest stops at:

Greens Bottom Rd

 
Now 17 miles in at 
Here's Augusta at 27 miles

Stopped for lunch at Marthasville even if it was only 11am.  I had a quick sandwich with a nice couple from California.  They had flown in to St. Louis and rented bikes for the ride.  I only saw them again in the last 3 miles of the ride.

And here's another SAG stop. SAG = support and gear, which usually means Gatorade bananas and water.  


I finally got in around 3 pm.  I ate with a friend I met last year, Adam and a new friend Frank.  We ate at Herman Wurst Haus for brats and kraut, great food, great friends and great times. 


Today's final mileage





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?